Ever since we moved to Colorado back in 2019, Zane and I have gone on so many hike and exploring everything this beautiful state has to offer. We normally do short/day hikes but we always has our backpack full of essentials. I have make a list of hiking essentials along with my favorite items for you to prep for your next adventure!
? Mount Falcon Park
- Water: It’s crucial to carry enough water for your hike and have some method of treating water while you’re out there.
- Food: Always pack at least an extra day’s worth of food in case something causes your trip to go long. It’s a good idea to pack items that don’t require cooking and that have a long shelf life. Things like extra energy bars, nuts, dried fruits or jerky are good.
- First Aid Kit: It’s vital to carry and know how to use the items in a first-aid kit. Pre-assembled first-aid kits take the guesswork out of building your own.The length of your trip and the number of people involved will impact the contents of your kit. It’s also a good idea to carry some sort of compact guide to dealing with medical emergencies.
- Knife: Knives are handy for protection, repair, food preparation, making kindling or other emergency needs.
- Backpack: A backpack is the primary piece of gear for day hiking.
- Hiking Shoes: For footwear, determine what to wear based on the terrain. On gentle hikes on smooth trails, hiking shoes or trail runners are sufficient. For treks on rocky, rugged trails, boots will provide more support.
- Extra Clothing: Weather can abruptly turn wet, windy or chilly in the backcountry or an injury can result in an unplanned night out, so it’s necessary to carry extra clothes beyond those required for your trip.
- Sun Protection: Always pack with you and wear sunglasses, sun-protection clothing and sunscreen. Prevent yourself from sunburns, snow blindness, and prematurely skin aging!
- Navigation: Many smartphones and watches include electronic compasses and GPS apps to help you navigate. If you are using your phone, be sure to have a portable charger on you.